The Compliance Officer shall provide support to the Chief Compliance Officer (Chevy Chase Trust & ASB Capital Management) and the General Counsel (ASB Capital Management) in the administration of compliance and legal functions for Chevy Chase Trust & ASB Capital Management. It is anticipated that the Compliance Officer’s time shall be split between reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer (~75%) and the General Counsel (~25%). The Compliance Officer should have (or demonstrate an ability to develop) competencies and knowledge regarding the Investment Advisers Act, ERISA, regulation of private offerings under Regulation D, the USA PATRIOT ACT anti-money laundering regulations, privacy regulations for banks and investment advisers, and fiduciary laws and regulations for trust companies.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
The Compliance Officer’s primary responsibility will be to assist the Chief Compliance Officer in the oversight of each firm’s corporate compliance program, to insure that each firm (and its respective employees) is in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures and firm-wide standards of conduct. Specifically, the Compliance Officer will be responsible for:
· Developing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures for each firm’s compliance with securities and fiduciary laws and regulations. This will include staying abreast of developments in the compliance and legal industries, as well as industry-wide “best practices” to revise policies and procedures from time-to-time in order to maintain best-in-class policies and procedures for each firm. In addition, the Compliance Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the compliance program.
· Developing and implementing periodic training for employees of each firm to insure employee awareness of firm policies and procedures, including Anti-Money Laundering, privacy and Code of Ethics policies.
· Monitoring and, as necessary, coordinating compliance activities of various departments to remain abreast of compliance matters and identify trends.
· Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
· Conducting new employee compliance orientations.
· Assisting in the delivery of responses to regulatory exams, external and internal audits and [firm] self-assessments.
· Coordinating on-site visits of regulatory examiners.
· Administering the IARD web-site filings for each firm.
· Administering the state filing requirements for the individual investment adviser representatives of each firm.
· Coordinating the meetings of CCTC’s Risk Management Committee and the Policy Sub-Committee and Assembling the annual risk assessment material.
· Assisting the Associate General Counsel of Chevy Chase Trust with specific tasks, as assigned.
· Administering the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) for ASB Capital Management and working with the firm’s verifier to maintain firm compliance.
· Acting as the recording secretary for the ASB Real Estate Investments’ Investment Committee and tracking and monitoring the status of real estate transactions.
· Assisting the General Counsel in monitoring compliance with REIT and REOC requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good analytical skills and judgment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Reasonably strong personal computer skills
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
· Exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple demands/projects and meet deadlines
· Ability to learn at a fast pace
· 5 years of relevant experience required
EDUCATION / LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· Expected to complete relevant industry training and possibly obtain a Series 65
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled